The engine exhaust from this vehicle contains carbon monoxide, a colourless, odourless, and highly toxic gas. As long as you properly maintain your vehicle, carbon monoxide gas will not get into the interior.
- Carbon monoxide gas is toxic. Breathing it can cause unconsciousness and even kill you.Avoid any enclosed areas or activities that expose you to carbon monoxide.
An enclosed area such as a garage can quickly fill up with carbon monoxide gas.
Do not run the engine with the garage door closed. Even when the garage door is open, drive out of the garage immediately after starting the engine.
- The exhaust system is making an unusual noise.
- The exhaust system may have been damaged.
- The vehicle is raised for an oil change.
When you operate a vehicle with the tailgate open, airflow can pull exhaust gas into the interior and create a hazardous condition. If you must drive with the tailgate open, open all the windows and set the heating and cooling system*/climate control system* as shown below.
- Select the fresh air mode.
- Select the mode.
- Set the fan speed to high.
- Set the temperature control to a comfortable setting.
Adjust the heating and cooling system*/climate control system* in the same manner if you sit in your parked vehicle with the engine running.
* Not available on all models