Continuously variable transmission models
Follow the procedure below if you cannot move the shift lever out of the P position.
Models without keyless access systemModels with keyless access systemModels with shift lock release slot cover
- Set the parking brake.
- Remove the key from the ignition switch.
- Remove the built-in key from the keyless remote.
- Wrap a cloth around the tip of a small flat-tip screwdriver. Put it into the shift lock release slot as shown in the image, and remove the cover.
- Insert the key into the shift lock release slot.
- While pushing the key in, press the shift lever release button and place the shift lever into N.
- The lock is now released. Have the shift lever checked by a dealer as soon as possible.
- Recommend page