Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
Honda Cars India Limited's (HCIL) aim is to become a Company which the Society would want to exist. Continued to be driven by this aim, HCIL has been undertaking various activities under Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), mainly in the areas of health, education, livelihood, safety, environment protection, etc.Download PDF Download Activities
Appointment of Independent DirectorsTerms & Conditions for Appointment of Independent Directors
- Appointment of an Independent Director is subject to the maximum permissible Directorships that one can hold as per the provisions of the Companies Act, 2013 (hereinafter referred to as "the Act").
- The term 'Independent Director' should be construed as defined under the Act.
- The appointment as an Independent Director will be for a term of five consecutive years, unless terminated earlier as per provisions of the letter of appointment or applicable laws.
- Re-appointment for another term of maximum period of five years at the end of the first term shall be based on the recommendation of the Nomination and Remuneration Committee and subject to necessary approval(s) of the Board and the Shareholders.
- An Independent Director will not be an employee of the Company and the letter of appointment shall not constitute a contract of employment.
Resignation of Director
Mr. Makoto Hyoda has resigned from the Board of Directors of the Company w.e.f. 31st March, 2019.
Business Ethics Proposal Line (BEPL) - Vigil Mechanism Policy
As part of Corporate Governance system, the Business Ethics Proposal Line (BEPL) – VIGIL MECHANISM Policy has been established, with the aim to enable Directors, employees and Business partners to report any instance of unethical behaviour, actual or suspected fraud or violation of Honda Code of Conduct, internal policies and statutory laws in the Company.