Honda Cars India Limited ("HCIL", "We," "Us" or "Our") is dedicated to providing products and after sales services of the highest quality and standard to its Customers. We value the trust of our Customers for sharing their Information, Data, Personal Information, Sensitive Personal Data/Information (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Data collected or Data”) and strive to maintain the privacy and protection of their Data shared while visiting the Honda Cars India website or www.hondacarindia.com or experiencing booking or buying ecommerce solutions., in accordance with reasonable security practices and procedures under the applicable law, as amended from time to time.
You shall have an option to opt-out and/or withdraw your consent by contacting Honda customer support. You can contact HCIL Customer support to review the Data provided at your end and to ensure that your personal information or Sensitive Personal Data/Information is not inaccurate or deficient. However, HCIL shall not be responsible for authenticity of the Data provided from your end.
The Data is collected from you when you provide details to avail the Services such as test drive, booking/buying a car, car servicing, Registration or account creation on the website or when you update the details, wherever applicable. We may also collect your Data from other sources, including but not limited to the authorized dealers, your insurance broker/ intermediary or insurance companies whom you have contracted, our service providers like HCIL call centers whom you have contacted, company in case of corporate sale, RSA provider, voice command interface/applications.
Such Data include:
- Personal Information, Personal Sensitive Information/Data and contact information, including but not limited to your name and family name, date of birth, gender, email, phone number, physical address, contact in case of emergency, marital status, Pan no. (in case of online transactions) your Honda Connect account details including username and password, Honda from Home – Booking & buy online account details, Order Ids, booking ids
- Data pertaining to your purchases and services you choose, including but not limited to payment information, information and queries and complaints relating to products and services, or booking and buying online or respective contracts entered into such as warranty claims, after sales services, repairs, customer care and services, rescissions and disputes, dealer appointments, and information that you provide for other services such as car insurance you have chosen.
- Data in connection with product and services marketing, including but not limited to information relating to newsletter and other communication channels, opt-ins and opt-outs, invitations to and participations at events and special activities, privileges offered and/or received, personal preferences and interests, survey questionnaire responses and customer segmentation information;
- Data in connection with communication including but not limited to preferred means of communication, correspondence and communication with HCIL in relation to the Sale/ Services (including records of the communication).
In case we use certain types of information described above in the way that would enable us to identify you, we will treat such information in the same manner, as it were your Personal Information.
2 How we process your Data
2.1 PurposesWe process your Data for the purposes set out below:
- To communicate with you and provide our Services and those of our affiliates (which includes Honda Motor Co. Ltd., Japan, Honda R& D Co. Ltd., Japan and other Honda Companies);
- To evaluate and improve our services, such as developing new products or services or new digital applications, webpages or services and improve and manage working system;
- To perform internal accounting, auditing, administration, and processing of information relating to your transactions and other internal functions of HCIL and its affiliates;
- To process and manage your payment and/or any other transactions related to HCIL and its affiliates;
- To conduct market research, surveys and direct marketing purposes;
- To tailor advertisements of HCIL and its affiliates on the website/ application and elsewhere to your possible interests;
- To comply with industry standards and our policies;
- To conduct data analytics and customer relations management programs of HCIL and its affiliates
- To offer, transmit, communicate and/or to carry out any marketing, public relations and promotional activities relating to goods, services, promotions, activities and special offers of HCIL and its affiliates, general information of HCIL and its affiliates including other forms of customer relationship management via communication channels;
- To enable our third party providers, for instance Voice Data, insurance services, discounts etc., to provide relevant responses to your commands, or for these third party providers to improve / offer their Services and other products for the user;
- to provide you and our authorized dealers with necessary support;
- to attend to or assist in the servicing, maintenance or repair of your vehicle, including the provision of roadside assistance services
- to carry out our legal compliance obligations, such as to conduct a product safety recall where necessary
- To be in compliance with relevant laws, or rules and regulations, requests from government agencies and policies of HCIL, and for enforcement and exploitation of legal rights and claims, defense against legal claims, litigation, complaints, combating abusive conduct, engaging in legal investigations and proceedings and responding to inquiries of public authorities;
- To prevent and investigate frauds, illegal activities, omission of duties or misconduct which may or may not cause by or be relating to the services provision of HCIL
- To protect customers, employees and other individuals and protection of data, secrets and assets of and entrusted to HCIL and our affiliates, and protect the safety of systems and premises of HCIL and our affiliates;
- For sale or acquisitions of business divisions, companies or parts of companies and other corporate transactions and the transfer of customer data associated therewith; and
- For other lawful purposes where such processing was evident from the circumstances or indicated at the time of the collection.
- To collect, disclose and transfer data under this policy to third parties to enable you to avail the services in an effective, functional and in a manner beneficial to you.
- To collect, disclose and transfer data under this policy to third parties for the purpose of offering additional services, promotions, offers, or privileges to you.
2.2 Legal basis
In general, you are required to provide your Data to obtain full Services from us, except in limited instances when we expressly indicate that the collection of certain information is voluntary and its processing is based on your consent (e.g. in connection with user satisfaction surveys). Please note we may not be able to provide you with the full or effective services properly, if you do not provide us with the Data.Furthermore, we rely on the following legal justifications for the processing of your Data.
- it is necessary for the performance of contract of which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract (e.g. to provide you with the Services);
- it is necessary for legitimate interests of HCIL or any other third parties, where such interests are not overriding your fundamental rights of Privacy (e.g. where it is necessary to disclose your Data to third parties to provide you with the Services on our behalf);
- it is necessary for legal compliance;
- it is for preventing or suppressing a danger to a person’s life, body or health;
- it is necessary for our performance of duties in carrying out mission for public interest or in exercising the assigned power of the state; or
- it is necessary for the purpose of establishing legal claims, complying with or exercise of legal claims or defense of legal claims.
- It is necessary to enable you to avail the services in an effective, functional and in a manner beneficial to you.
3. Who we share your Data with
- Service providers: We may disclose and/or transfer your Data to our third-party service providers, including our call centers, as part of our normal course of business for several purposes.
- insurance broker/ intermediary;
- insurance companies;
- financial institution;
- our authorized dealers who will sell the HCIL vehicle or offer services to you;
- our suppliers and other business partners within the lawful purposes specified herein;
- acquirers or parties interested in acquiring business units, companies or other parts of HCIL or our affiliates; and
- other parties in potential or actual legal proceedings in accordance with applicable law, as amended from time to time.
- to external consultants such as lawyers, accountants, auditors etc.
- However, third parties shall not further disclose the Sensitive Personal Data or Information, if any, received from HCIL.
Courts and Government Entities: We may disclose your Data to governmental agencies, regulatory authorities or courts and other local, national and foreign authorities in accordance with legal requirements and the applicable law, as amended from time to time.
HCIL is not responsible in any manner for the consequences / impact of the promotions, offers, additional services and other services for the customer / user.
4. Cross-border Data transfer
We may transfer your Data outside India. HCIL will take necessary steps for the protection of the Data that is transferred outside India and will ensure that the receiving entity shall have the same reasonable level of data protection that is adhered to by HCIL as provided for under reasonable security practices and procedures under the applicable law, as amended from time to time.
HCIL will create a backup data outside India to store the Data including personal and sensitive personal information of the user. However, financial data shall not be stored outside India.
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures, to protect your Data from accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, access, use, alteration, or disclosure under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system(s) can be fully secured. We exclude all liability (including negligence) for the consequences of any unauthorized access to, disclosure of, misuse of or loss or corruption of your Data.
HCIL further urges you to follow best and safe security practices in relation to access to the internet so as to avoid any breach of Data happening at your end. HCIL shall not be responsible for any breach and consequential misuse of Data originated at your end.
HCIL cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite its best efforts. You should therefore note, that if you click on any external links it will be at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links.
6. How long we retain your Data
If you would like to stop receiving marketing/ sales/ service communications from us, you may inform us via email, telephone and/or in written form by using our below contact information in "How to Contact Us". The changes may not be effective immediately. We will proceed with your request as soon as we can. If you would like to stop receiving marketing / sales/ service communications from us, we will continue to send other information related to important services management to you and you may not cease to receive such information.
8. Fake mails using Honda's name
Honda is aware of fake emails, popularly called "phishing" emails regarding job advertisements, job offers and competition award notifications. These emails use Honda’s name to pretend they are genuine and exist solely for the purpose of obtaining private information about consumers (e.g. credit card numbers or passwords). These emails have no connection with Honda and Honda does not use these methods for job advertising or competition / award winner activity.
Unfortunately these fake emails are a growing fraud on the Internet. This practice is carried out either by the sending of a bogus email directly to a victim, or by directing them to a website where personal information is requested.
Honda advises that if you receive an email using Honda’s name and asking for personal information or financial information and have concerns about its authenticity, then please treat such emails with extreme caution and do not reveal your personal & financial details
9. Collection of Data
The Data shall be collected & retained by HCIL having its registered office at Plot No. A-1, Sector 40/41, Surajpur – Kasna Road, Greater Noida Industrial Development Area, Distt. Gautam Budh Nagar, Uttar Pradesh – 201 306
10. How to contact us
We are committed to providing you our best services and look forward to your continued support for the same. In case of any query or concern you can reach us at:
Official Grievance Officer
Name of Grievance Officer - Vineet Goel
Email id of Grievance Officer - firstname.lastname@example.org
Honda Cars India Limited Plot No. A, 1,
Sector 40/41, Surajpur Kasna Rd, G.NOIDA,
Gautam Buddha Nagar, Uttar Pradesh - 201306