Always make sure individuals and objects are clear of the tailgate before opening or closing it.
- Anyone caught in the path of a tailgate that is being opened or closed can be seriously injured.
Make sure that all people are clear of the tailgate before opening or closing it.
Be careful not to hit your head on the tailgate or to put your hands between the tailgate and the luggage area when closing the tailgate.When you are storing or picking up luggage from the luggage area while the engine is idling, do not stand in front of the exhaust pipe. You may get burned.Do not allow any passenger in the luggage space. They may get hurt during hard braking, a sudden acceleration, or a crash.
- Open the tailgate all the way.
- If it is not fully opened, the tailgate may come down accidentally by its own weight.
- Be careful when it is windy. The wind may cause the tailgate to close.
Keep the tailgate closed while driving to:
- Avoid possible damage.
- Prevent exhaust gas from leaking into the vehicle.