The battery gives off explosive hydrogen gas during normal operation.
A spark or open flame can cause the battery to explode with enough force to kill or seriously hurt you.
Keep all sparks, open flames, and smoking materials away from the battery.
Wear protective clothing and a face shield, or have a skilled technician do any battery maintenance.
The battery contains sulfuric acid (electrolyte) which is highly corrosive and poisonous.
Getting electrolyte in your eyes or on your skin can cause serious burns. Wear protective clothing and eye protection when working on or near the battery.
Swallowing electrolyte can cause fatal poisoning if immediate action is not taken.
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN
Eyes: Flush with water from a cup or other container for at least 15 minutes. (Water under pressure can damage the eye.) Call a physician immediately.
Skin: Remove contaminated clothing. Flush the skin with large quantities of water. Call a physician immediately.
Swallowing: Drink water or milk. Call a physician immediately.
When you find corrosion, clean the battery terminals by applying a baking powder and water solution.
Clean the terminals with a damp towel. Cloth/towel dry the battery. Coat the terminals with grease to help prevent future corrosion.
When replacing the battery, the replacement must be of the same specifications.
Consult a dealer for more information.
- Recommend page